Which game developers are at Gamescom 2022? The list of GamesWirtschaft exhibitors illuminates the darkness.
All information about Gamescom 2022: Tickets / opening hours + events / hotel + accommodation / Corona / trade guests + business zone / Gamescom Opening Night Live / Devcom 2022
July 6, 2022 Patch: After yesterday’s interview, Aerosoft officially announced its participation in Gamescom this morning. The simulation specialist Paderborn is represented on a 100 square meter stand in the entertainment area (hall 8) and in the trade fair visitors area.
Aerosoft chief Winfried Diekmann: “We hear about appeals from individual international publishers, but as a location, we support Gamescom and Germany – and this year we even have our biggest booth to date. We can’t wait to get back into the fight after two unpleasant years of limited contact with our players! And we promise: we have a lot of exciting games in our luggage, which of course can also be played on the spot! “
July 6, 2022 Patch: Microsoft still does not announce whether – and if so, in what form – the manufacturer of the Xbox will take part in the fair. This was communicated yesterday via Twitter: “Unfortunately, we don’t have any new information on this at the moment, sorry. If we hear something new, we will inform you immediately on our social media channels! “
The industry assumes, however, that the American group will appear at Gamescom in connection with the Bethesda takeover – albeit on a smaller scale. During the last physical Gamescom 2019 trade fair, Microsoft installed over 200 gaming stations in Hall 8.
July 5, 2022 message: As our original exhibitor overview got a little slack due to multiple updates, we continue our reporting in this article.
First of all: Even five and a half weeks before the start of construction works, there is no official list of exhibitors or a (preliminary) hall plan. If you want to know which game developer is involved in Gamescom 2022, you’ll need to do some manual research.
The fair officially opens on August 24 (Wednesday) – private visitors are admitted to the premises from Thursday to Sunday. Advance sale of tickets has been going on for four weeks.
In conclusion, the following can be stated:
- Out of 25 of the world’s top market leaders, only three have officially confirmed so far: Tencent Games (Level Infinite), Bandai Namco Entertainment and Ubisoft.
- Confirmations of participation come in particular from medium-sized publishers in German-speaking countries such as Aerosoft, Giants Software, Kalypso Media, THQ Nordic, HandyGames, Koch Media (Deep Silver / Prime Matter) and Assemble Entertainment.
- There have been no denials or confirmations from Electronic Arts, Microsoft Xbox, Square Enix, Warner, Epic Games, Capcom, CD Projekt, Google (YouTube, Stadia), Konami, SEGA and Twitch.
- Two of the three console manufacturers (Sony PlayStation, Nintendo) have confirmed GamesWirtschaft that they will not be in Cologne.
- Big Gamescom customers such as Activision Blizzard, Take-Two Interactive and Wargaming will also not be attending the show this time.
- There are big gaps among hardware vendors: Brands like OMEN by HP, Alternate, Corsair and MSI are not making an appearance in the entertainment area.
In this article, we list the top ten reasons for the surprisingly high number of appeals.
Confirmed game developers in the entertainment field:
- Aerosoft- Interview
- Entertainment editing
- Bandai Namco Entertainment
- Daedalic Entertainment (Lord of the Rings: Gollum)
- Giants (Farming Simulator) Details
- Kalypso Media (interview)
- Cook the media
- Level Infinite / Tencent Games (interview)
- SEGA (Sonic Frontiers)
- THQ Nordic (interview)
- Ubisoft (Details)
Approved manufacturers of entertainment equipment:
Commercial area (hall 5):
- Konami (Yu-Gi-Oh Collector’s Card Game / Commercial Area)
Gamescom Campus (Hall 10):
- 2K (WWE 2K, NBA 2K)
- Activision Blizzard (Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, diablo 4)
- Meta (Facebook Gaming, Meta Quest)
- MSI (details)
- Nintendo Spluto 3)
- OMEN by HP
- Private Department (The world of OlliOlli, Rollerdrom, Hades)
- Rockstar games (Grand Theft Auto, Red Dead Redemption)
- Sony Interactive (PlayStation 5, PSVR2, God of war Ragnarok)
- war games (World of Tanks, World of Warplanes)
Approved exhibitors in the Business Area:
- 505 games
- AWS – Amazon Web Services
- Korsarz / Elgato
National Pavilions in the Business Area:
- Great Britain
- the Netherlands
- South Korea
- Czech Republic
- United States
Joint stands in the Business Zone:
- Games association – including InnoGames, Com2Us, Toplitz Productions
- North Rhine-Westphalia