The ball is rolling, and so is UEFA Women’s EURO – and hopefully your mouth is drooling when you see these 5 half-time snacks.
At the Women’s European Football Championship, your favorite should be clear. It is known that tastes differ when it comes to food. Nevertheless, everyone should find something for themselves. Not classic football food: sausages, burgers, frozen fries – but tasty and healthy, as well as quick and easy to prepare. Here we go.
We used the Tefal Easy Fry Oven & Grill convection oven which we had here as a test device. But it works just as well in the oven.
1. Oven vegetables with dip or meat
Nothing is healthier than vegetables – and they’re delicious out of the oven. Served with a delicious dip or a piece of meat that comes out of the same oven.
- 4 different vegetables (I used potatoes, carrots, peppers, red onion)
- (Olive oil
- thyme or rosemary
- Salt pepper
- Cut vegetables finely so that no piece is thicker than 5 mm
- put all ingredients in a bowl, mix well
- Let it soak for 45 minutes
- Put it on a baking sheet, do not put it in layers
- 12 min at 180-200 degrees
Slice vegetables that take longer to cook, such as potatoes. It largely depends on whether a break is enough for a break. Avoid soft vegetables that contain a lot of water and can turn mushy. Do not save on oil and choose honey to taste.
The number of steps depends on the vegetables. At 200 degrees, potatoes and carrots cook faster. At 180 degrees, the onion will not be so dark. In the meantime, check the oven and adjust.
To make a dip, simply mix a small packet of cottage cheese and a small cup of yogurt until nice and creamy. Maybe add a little water. Choose the fat level according to your taste or diet. Season to taste with salt, pepper and herbs. Fresh herbs are tastier, but I always use 8 herbs from the freezer.
You can prepare the meat in Tefal Easy Fry Oven & Grill on the second level – or in a pan.
2. Toast in Hawaii
Here I expect strong opposition or enthusiastic approval. Hawaii toast does not have much to do with healthy eating, but for many it is associated with fond memories. A quick snack from a small oven – For me, Toast Hawaii is just part of it.
- cooked ham
- Sliced Emmental
- Lightly bake the slices of toast
- spread with butter
- Put the cooked ham on top of the toast
- on it a slice of pineapple
- Emmental about it
- 5-8 minutes at 180 degrees
- put a tablespoon of cranberries in the pineapple cavity
Definitely use Emmental instead of Scheibletten. Do not take the toast out of the oven until the cheese is melted and lightly browned.
It gets interesting when you are brave and dare to try out a variant. For example, pear instead of pineapple and blue cheese instead of cranberry. Although a sweet accessory would also fit on top.
3. Baked cheese slices
Again, opinions will differ, but not so emotionally. Baked cheese slices are nothing special, not at all. But so delicious! And done quickly. And my friend the chef sometimes serves them as an extra bite for breakfast. Voila.
- white buns
- tomato concentrate
- Gouda slices
- cut the buns
- brush thickly with tomato paste
- Cover Gouda thickly
- 10 minutes at 180 degrees
Take it out of the oven only when the cheese is well melted. But beware! The tomato paste is very hot. Don’t burn your face! It happens to me every time (really!) Because I just can’t wait.
To turn it into a half-healthy snack, you can prepare a fresh pre-game salad that goes wonderfully with slices of toasted cheese.
4. Rocket ham for pizza
Pizza is not only pizza. Self-made pizza with good ingredients is healthier and more digestible than any frozen pizza – and it tastes even more like Italian. Even with the dough ready. Things have to happen quickly before the UEFA European Football Championship.
- 1 pizza dough
- 1/2 can of pizza tomatoes
- 1 bag of grated mozzarella
- 1 packet of ham
- roll out the dough
- for convection oven only: cut in half and bake in two rounds
- smeared with pizza tomatoes
- Sprinkle mozzarella on top
- bake according to the instructions on the package
- meanwhile wash and chop the rocket
- Break the ham into small pieces
- Cover the baked pizza first with ham, then arugula
- Put the Parmesan cheese on top
If you’re fast and the dough doesn’t take long in the oven, you can do it all part time.
Ultimately, it depends on the dough how well the pizza comes out. I always take one that has no tomatoes on yet. You can also make your own pizza tomatoes if you cook canned tomatoes with a bit of garlic, spices and herbs and boil a little. When it comes to hams, I avoid hard, coarse-cut Parma hams (even if it’s nice and tender on the tongue), but I mostly choose thin Alpine ham.
If you want it to go even faster: no still not the pizza from the freezer but maybe the tarte flambée which has already been topped. Just put it in the oven and wait for a while.
5. Apple crumble
Sweet dessert or a snack for a break: apple crumble. Unfortunately, an oven break longer than half is long and shorter than half. That’s why you need to prepare it and run to the oven for a moment during the game – put it in or take it out. It was worth it.
ingredients per person
- 1 apple (e.g. Elstar)
- lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla sugar
- 20 grams of butter
- 20 grams of brown sugar
- 25 grams of flour
- 25 g of walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon rosemary (powder)
- a small ovenproof dish with a diameter of 8-10 cm per person (or one large ovenproof dish for each)
- Peel the apples, cut into quarters and cut into thin slices
- Line the tin with half the apple slices
- Add a few drops of lemon juice and 1 teaspoon of vanilla sugar per person
- fill with the remaining apple slices
- Place all other ingredients in a small bowl and use the hooks of a hand mixer to knead into hard crumbs
- Sprinkle the apples with the sprinkles
- 25 minutes at 180 degrees
Four portions easily fit on the Tefal Easy Fry Oven & Grill basket.
Prepared with Tefal Easy Fry Oven & Grill
We prepared all 5 snacks at Tefal Easy Fry Oven & Grill (FW 5018) (link leads to the test). The oven is also a hot air fryer, grill and dehydrator. Not only does it heat up faster than a large oven, it also saves energy and money in comparison.
There are eight programs to choose from: fries, chicken, meat, fish, cakes, grilling, pizza and drying. But you can also freely choose the temperature up to 200 degrees and the working time.
We really enjoyed Tefal Easy Fry Oven & Grill. Very compact on the outside, it fits in any kitchen, inside offers plenty of space with 11 liters and on several levels.
EURONICS podcast with national goalkeeper Almuth Schult
For games, just turn on the TV (game schedule). Snacks are now also available. For everything you need to know about football and UEFA Women’s EURO, simply subscribe to our Radio Schult @ euronics – Frauen Podcast. Football. Electronics.
Almuth Schult is the most famous footballer in Germany. You know her as a national goalkeeper, Olympic champion, soccer activist and soccer animator. In the podcast, he talks about football differently – also with others. Among others with Johannes Heil, who studies sports management.
EURONICS is a proud sponsor of UEFA women’s football.