Two killed after the concert “Böhse Onkelz” – the police with further details

  1. Home
  2. Frankfurt


FROM: Florian Dorra, Diana Rissman, Lucas Maier


Chaotic scenes after the “Böhse Onkelz” concert in Frankfurt. Two people are hit by a train and fatally injured. The police give more details.

Update for Sunday July 24 at 13:12: After the fatal accident at the “Deutsche Bank Park” after the “Böhse Onkelz” concert, the police gave further details. “They traveled in a large group. On the way to the vehicle you got lost. Part of the group then waited in vain by the car, ”said the spokeswoman Wiesbaden courier.

The accident site where the 25-year-old and her 45-year-old companion were hit by a train and fatally injured is about 1.5 kilometers from the stadium where the “Böhse Onkelz” was held on Friday (22 July). played the first of two concerts in Frankfurt. It is still unclear why the two got onto the track. The accident site is densely forested.

After the concert, social networks reported “chaotic conditions” when leaving before the fatal accident. Police confirm that Wiesbaden courier no: “When 44,000 people attend an event, there’s always a lot going on. However, according to our research, there were no major problems. ” One thing is certain: even before the accident, the railway connection had to be closed several times for safety reasons.

Death after the concert: Two people who had previously attended the “Böhse Onkelz” concert died here. © Chris Lorenz /

Two who died after the concert “Böhse Onkelz” in Frankfurt – victims from Mecklenburg-Vorpommern

Update on Saturday 23 July at 15:50: Additionally An accident after a concert in Frankfurt, new information surfaced. As confirmed by the police in Frankfurt on request, the two dead were from Mecklenburg-Vorpommern. After the concert of the band “Böhse Onkelz” on Friday (22 July), a 25-year-old woman and a 45-year-old man were hit by a train and fatally injured.

According to the police, the railway was closed in an accident until around 2 am.

The first report from Saturday, July 23: Frankfurt – Following the “Böhse Onkelz” concert on Friday evening (July 22) in Frankfurt, according to Maxie Imgenberg, spokeswoman for the federal police in Saarbrücken, there were chaotic scenes as guests left the grounds of the “Deutsche Bank Park”. The exact cause is currently unclear. “Usually a stadium or infrastructure is designed for a much larger number of visitors,” says Imgenberg.

Even before the fatal accident, the train path was partially closed because federal police had to push people off the tracks several times. At around 11:40 PM, two people – a 25-year-old woman and a 45-year-old man – were hit by a regional express near the soccer stadium, between the stadium pool and the gas station, and fatally injured. It was a special train to Marburg. The train driver unsuccessfully initiated an emergency stop.

Fatal accident after the concert “Böhse Onkelz” in Frankfurt – police with a large contingent on the spot

Federal police officers secured the scene of the accident. The witnesses had to be provided with pastoral care on the spot. The approximately 300 passengers who were on the train may have left it later. The federal and state police with a large contingent were on the scene – the helicopter was also in action.

Two people were fatally hit by a train after the concert
Two people were fatally hit by a train after the “Böhse Onkelz” concert – the police cordoned off a large area around the Waldstadion. © Chris Lorenz /

It is still unclear how the chaotic scenes arose and why so many visitors walked the tracks. The Frankfurt Criminal Police Department began an investigation into the fatal accident. The accident resulted in serious road closures and restrictions on rail and road traffic.

Two who died after the “Böhse Onkelz” concert in Frankfurt – the trip was reportedly chaotic

After this incident, many people became stuck near the Waldstadion. Hundreds of people stood on Flughafenstrasse / Otto-Fleck-Schneise. It is said that many of the concert guests were heavily intoxicated. According to the portal, various communication problems occurred between the visitors, the organizer and the police. In addition, the mobile network was apparently completely congested.

Many visitors also complained through the Twitter and Facebook: “It would be nice to come home !! Here the organization has completely failed! Taxis are fully booked in line and trains are not coming anymore! Sad ”- commented one user.

Another user was already worried about the mass panic: “Departure – of course the logistic act of balancing on a rope. But if you do create taxi lines, they should also be respected. With teenagers in yellow vests, this is not possible. Apparently no radio, team leader not available. Damp eyes at flight attendants. One can get the impression that the stewards have not been trained / included in the details. In Duisburg something like that turned out to be really stupid … “(you from

In early July, there was a fatal accident at the Main Railway Station in Frankfurt, when a train hit a man.

Leave a Comment