Many Middle-earth fans have long been excited to finally see new stories from the world of Middle-earth. September 2, 2022 The time has finally come and Rings of Power celebrates its premiere on Amazon Prime Video. However, the mood of many fans has already faded slightly with the recently released trailer. Criticism is diverse – from low production standards to actor selection, hardly any stone is turned in advance. The increased use of CGI has also been criticized. Finally, The Lord of the Rings trilogy featured good use of masks and backgrounds instead of computer madness.
For those who prefer nostalgic memories of the past, we’ve selected a few things that will make any Lord of the Rings fan’s heart beat faster. But even those looking forward to starting Rings of Power will find what they are looking for. Because what better way to cut your wait times than re-watch the greatest trilogy of all time?
Lord of the Rings to watch!
Incidentally, the new Rings of Power series appears exclusively on Amazon Prime Video. If you want to enjoy them from September 2, you’ll need a Prime subscription. The first month is free and then € 7.99 per month – or € 69 per year thereafter. This gives you a myriad of movies and series, plus free Amazon shipping.
- The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring – Prelude to the greatest movie trilogy ever seen on the big screen. I don’t think I need to say more.
- The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers – For many fans, the middle part of the trilogy is the best of the three. The Battle of Helm’s Jar is still considered one of the greatest movie battles of all time.
- The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King – The grand finale of the trilogy. Great battles alternate with emotional moments until good wins.
- The Hobbit: An Incredible Journey – In the eyes of many fans, The Hobbit trilogy does not quite keep up with the films about The Lord of the Rings. Nevertheless, the story of Bilbo Baggins is more than worth seeing.
- Hobbit The Desolation of Smaug – The invaluable movie star is neither a hobbit, nor a dwarf, nor an elf. Benedict Cumberbatch as Smaug is probably the best dragon you can imagine.
- The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies – The finale of the trilogy is probably the weakest of the three films. Still worthwhile for Middle-earth fans, and of course with a positive ending, even if not for all companions.
- JRR Tolkien: Lord of Words, Lord of the Worlds – If you want to delve into the world created by JRR Tolkien, be sure to check out this must-see documentary about the creator of almost everything we consider fantasy today
The Lord of the Rings to read
Whether books or movies about the Middle-earth universe are better is a matter of great debate. When in doubt, everyone has to decide for himself. Of course, you have to read books for that.
- Lord of the Rings Collection – The framed anthology of three books is not only an attraction when reading, but also looks great on a shelf.
- The full edition of The Lord of the Rings – For those who only want to read, the much cheaper paperback version is also sufficient.
- The Hobbit: Or back and forth – The story of Bilbo Baggins and the dwarves on their way to their homeland. Originally written for his children, Tolkien later made many revisions to break the impression of a purely children’s book.
- Simarillion – To delve into the history of Middle-earth, there is the Simarillion. It tells a story from the creation of the world to the third century in which the Hobbits live.
For those who do not find time to read for themselves, the books are also available in the form of practical audiobooks. Whether you are driving, doing housework, or just relaxing, audiobooks slowly but surely outperform normal books. By the way, all audiobooks can be heard on Audible.
Lord of the Rings on the wall and on the shelf
As a history fan, you can not only read books regularly, but also put some of the elaborate replicas and souvenirs on a shelf or hang them on the wall. We have collected some particularly great things for you.
- The Lord of the Rings: a three-part mural – The three-part mural reflects the three parts of the books, each with a matching motif, with one motif merging with the other.
- The Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle-Earth – The Battle of Helm’s Jar is presented in five separate parts as a total work.
- The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring – Five individual images of different sizes combine to create the legendary scene of the companions’ journey.
- Argonath Bookends – Of course, The Lord of the Rings books also want to be displayed on the shelf in a manner worthy of their status.
- Lord of the Rings: Gimli – The figure of a dwarf is one of the most beautiful replicas you can get in this price segment.
- The Lord of the Rings: Gandalf “The Wizard may not be as well-made as the Dwarf, but he is still eye-catching.
- Lord of the Rings: Aragorn – Thongs also belong to a series of well-made figures.
- The Lord of the Rings: The Ringwraith – now we are slowly entering the areas where the purchase should be carefully considered. The number is worth it, however, even if the preview image looks macabre.
- Anduril, Flame of the West – Instead of a statue, you can of course hang the legendary, newly forged Aragorn’s sword and a wooden display on the wall.
- Glamdring, the enemy hammer – Glamdring, the 127 cm sword of Gandalf, is even more valuable than Anduril.
- Żądło, Glamdring and Orkrist – The letter scissors in The Lord of the Rings design are slightly smaller but more practical. Contains the three legendary swords of Middle-earth.
The Lord of the Rings for hardcore fans!
In addition to all the usual souvenirs and fan merchandise, there are also things normal mortals would never buy because they are just too expensive. But if you see The Lord of the Rings not only as a fan but also as a passion, you can access it here. We’re not saying we have any of these at home … we actually have two of them.
- The only ring that rules them – Of course, the only ring of power cannot be missing here. Made of yellow gold 750, the material itself costs a lot. By the way, it is also suitable as a wedding ring if you want to enslave someone.
- Gambling with Rohan – Figures that are as filigree and well-made as Gamling are unfortunately very expensive. Is it really worth it remains to be seen. But it looks amazing.
- Sculpture of Gandalf – The souvenir cannot be of better quality than this bust of a mage. However, the price is correspondingly attractive.
- Lord of the Rings: Gollum – Even more expensive and detailed is the statue of Gollum sitting on the rock in the back of his lair. Definitely eye-catching on the shelf.
- Lord of the Rings chess game – This fantastic looking and detailed chessboard has at least one more practical use … theoretically. In fact, the characters are too beautiful to play with. So rather leave it on the shelf and play with the cheaper alternative.
Let’s see if in a few years there will be as many high-quality mementos from the new Amazon Rings of Power series as from The Lord of the Rings. To do so, however, it would have had to be similarly successful, which, given the criticism, seems unlikely at the moment. But that doesn’t have to mean anything. Before Peter Jackson came along, no one believed The Lord of the Rings could work on screen – the result is what we now know as the greatest movie trilogy of all time.