Which game developers are at Gamescom 2022? The list of GamesWirtschaft exhibitors illuminates the darkness.
All information about Gamescom 2022: Tickets / opening hours + events / hotel + accommodation / Corona / trade guests + business zone / Gamescom Opening Night Live / Devcom 2022 / exhibitors in the business zone
Update August 5, 2022 (3:00 PM): This year, the TikTok short video platform hosts several co-exhibitors, including Warner Bros., Konami, SEGA and Capcom. The TikTok booth with a demo stage is located in hall 7 (details).
As of August 5, 2022
Confirmed game producers with their own booth in the entertainment area:
- Aerosoft- Interview
- Entertainment editing
- Astragon Entertainment – Hall 7
- Bandai Namco Entertainment – Hall 7 – Details
- Giant’s software (Agriculture simulator) – hall 7 – details
- Hoyover (Genshin punch)
- Modest Games – Hall 8
- Kalypso Media (interview)
- Level Infinite / Tencent Games (interview) – Hall 7
- Microsoft Xbox (details) – Hall 8
- UPDATE Plaion (formerly Koch Media) – Hall 9
- Main case (details) – hall 9
- Raw Fury
- Fairy-tale Worlds Entertainment
- THQ Nordic (interview) – Hall 8
- Ubisoft (Details) – Hall 7
Game producers without their own booth, but with game stands / stage program at the partner booth:
- UPDATE Capcom – in TikTok – Hall 7
- UPDATE Daedalic Entertainment – Indie Arena booth (hall 10.2) – Details
- UPDATE HandyGames – Indie Arena Booth (hall 10.2) + THQ Nordic (hall 8)
- UPDATE Konami – in TikTok – Hall 7
- UPDATE SEGA – in TikTok – hall 7
- UPDATE Warner Bros. Games – on TikTok – hall 7
Media and platforms:
Approved manufacturers of entertainment equipment:
- Leet office – Hall 10.1
- Pico Interactive
- Samsung – Hall 9
- Western Digital
Event Zone (Hall 6):
- AMD Gaming Show on Friday, August 26 – Details
- ESL Gaming (Saturday / Sunday)
- funcom – Metal: Hellsinger-Concert on Thursday, August 25 – Details
Commercial area (hall 5):
- Ak Tronic
- Blizzard Store
- merchandising EMP
- Konami digital entertainment (Yu-Gi-Oh tender card)
- Details on Square Enix
Gamescom Campus (Hall 10):
No booth in the entertainment / business area:
- Activision Blizzard (Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, diablo 4) – Blizzard Merchandise Sale in the Commercial Area
- CD Projekt Red
- Electronic art (Details)
- Meta (Facebook Gaming, Meta Quest)
- MSI (details)
- Nintendo Spluto 3)
- OMEN from HP
- Private Department (The world of OlliOlli, Rollerdrom, Hades)
- Rockstar Games (Grand Theft Auto, Red Dead Redemption)
- Sony Interactive (PlayStation 5, PSVR2, God of war Ragnarok)
- war games (World of Tanks, World of Warplanes)
Approved exhibitors in the Business Area:
A constantly updated overview can be found here.
Country pavilions in the business zone:
- Great Britain
- the Netherlands
- South Korea
- Czech Republic
- United States
Joint stands in the Business Zone:
- Game association – including InnoGames, Com2Us, Toplitz Productions
- North Rhine-Westphalia
Update for August 2, 2022 (3:00 PM): This year, the Cosplay Village in Hall 10.1 will be featured by YouTube Shorts. International cosplayers, artists, workshops, competitions, music and show performances were announced.
Update for August 1, 2022 (3:00 PM): Bandai Namco Europe goes to Cologne with three innovations including an amusement park development game developed in Hessen ParkBeyond. The stand is located in hall 7.
July 28, 2022 (3:00 PM) update: Publisher 505 Games launches one on Gamescom 2022 “Meeting and greeting of the community” in the entertainment area. Gamescom visitors can meet 505 employees there and at an undefined time “Classes” get involved. From Thursday to Saturday, Terobesarts cosplay photographer creates professional photos of cosplayers. Therefore, game stations are not planned.
July 27, 2022 update (6:00 PM): Ubisoft has announced which games will be shown at the booth in Hall 7.
July 22, 2022 update (10.00am): In Hall 10.2: Indie Area and Indie Arena Booth, you can experience a total of over 150 games that bring together game developers from around the world to present their games in person and await feedback.
In the coming week, we are planning a first look at the specific assignment of exhibitors to individual halls and the expected games.
Update from 20/07/2022 (10:00 a.m.): Anyone who would like to see the moderators and reporters from Rocket Beans TV live can do so on Gamescom: broadcasters from Hamburg broadcast live from the Cologne Exhibition Center – the booth is located in Hall 7.
July 18, 2022 (12:00 PM) update: Upon request, it was confirmed that Krafton (PlayerUnknown battlefield) will serve the stand in both the entertainment and business zones. Details on the specific program will be announced at a later date.
July 18, 2022 update (8:00 AM): On Wednesday, the organizers published the names of official Gamescom participants – newcomers are of course included in the list below.
Nevertheless, there is still a very long list of companies that have neither confirmed nor denied their participation. This also applies to brands that caused a commotion in 2019 with very effective fair stands, such as Google (YouTube and Stadia, among others), Twitch and Netflix.
Although some publishers have already disclosed their program of the fair, most exhibitors do not want to comment on which games can be played until August – that is, a few weeks before the start of the fair.
July 14, 2022 update (10.00am): At Gamescom 2019, Square Enix is one of the largest exhibitors – this year, the Japanese are limited to the merchandise stand in hall 5 (details).
July 11, 2022 update (10.00am): Over the past week there has been confusion that Take Two 2K (NBA 2K, WWE 2K) now appears in the official list of participants. It would not be unusual to change plans in a short time, but in this case the situation is a bit more complex.
As an official Gamescom partner, 2K is present on the site – how exactly is it still open. When asked, the American publisher explained that there would be no booth in either the consumer area (entertainment area) or the visitors area (business area).
We have updated the list accordingly.
July 9, 2022 update (10.00am): Several studios and publishers are taking part in Gamescom for the first time. One of them: Prime Matter, which started just a year ago. Koch Media’s department is located in hall 9.
Update July 7, 2022 (6:00 PM): Have both on request FIFA 23– Producer of Electronic Arts (details) and CD Projekt Red (The witcher, Cyberpunk 2077) confirms that they will not be in Cologne.
July 7, 2022 (4:30 PM) Patch: In the afternoon, the organizers announced some of the 500 companies that will be represented in the Gamescom halls from August 24. The new arrivals are shown on the list.
July 7, 2022 (12:00 PM) update: Microsoft Xbox has just officially announced its participation in Gamescom 2022: “This year, we are celebrating one thing above all else: you – our community. Let’s celebrate together as we bring you some minor updates of our latest games! “
We have updated the exhibitor overview below accordingly. For more information on the appearance of Microsoft and Bethesda at Gamescom, click here.
July 6, 2022 Patch: After yesterday’s interview, Aerosoft officially announced its participation in Gamescom this morning. Simulation specialist Paderborn is represented at a 100 square meter stand in the entertainment area (hall 8) and in the visitors’ area of the fair.
Aerosoft chief Winfried Diekmann: “We hear about appeals from individual international publishers, but as a location, we support Gamescom and Germany – and this year we even have our biggest booth to date. We can’t wait to get back into the fight after two unpleasant years of limited contact with our players! And we promise: we have a lot of exciting games in our luggage, which of course can also be played on site! “
July 6, 2022 Patch: Microsoft still does not announce whether – and if so, in what form – the manufacturer of the Xbox will take part in the fair. This was communicated yesterday via Twitter: “Unfortunately, we don’t have any new information on this at the moment, sorry. If we hear something new, we’ll let you know immediately on our social media channels! “
The industry assumes, however, that the American group will appear at Gamescom in connection with the Bethesda takeover – albeit on a smaller scale. During the last physical Gamescom 2019 trade fair, Microsoft installed over 200 gaming stations in Hall 8.
July 5, 2022 message: As our original exhibitor review was somewhat out of order due to multiple updates, we continue our reporting in this article.
First of all: Even five and a half weeks before the start of construction works, there is no official list of exhibitors or a (preliminary) hall plan. If you want to know which game developer is involved in Gamescom 2022, you’ll need to do some manual research.
The fair officially begins on August 24 (Wednesday) – private visitors are admitted to the premises from Thursday to Sunday. The presale of tickets has already been going on for four weeks.
In conclusion, the following can be stated:
- Out of 25 of the world’s top market leaders, only three have officially confirmed so far: Tencent Games (Level Infinite), Bandai Namco Entertainment and Ubisoft.
- Confirmations of participation come in particular from medium-sized publishers in German-speaking countries such as Aerosoft, Giants Software, Kalypso Media, THQ Nordic, HandyGames, Koch Media (Deep Silver / Prime Matter) and Assemble Entertainment.
- There were no denials or confirmations from Electronic Arts, Microsoft Xbox, Square Enix, Warner, Epic Games, Capcom, CD Projekt, Google (YouTube, Stadia), Konami, SEGA and Twitch.
- Two of the three console manufacturers (Sony PlayStation, Nintendo) have confirmed GamesWirtschaft that they will not be in Cologne.
- Big Gamescom customers such as Activision Blizzard, Take-Two Interactive and Wargaming will also not be attending the show this time.
- There are big gaps among hardware vendors: brands like OMEN by HP, Alternate, Corsair, and MSI are not making an appearance in the entertainment industry.
In this article, we list the top ten reasons for the surprisingly high number of appeals.