- High temperatures and dryness tension garden plants
- Note in Watering when it’s hot: specific hours are particularly suitable
- so much water you need plants and a lawn
In such years, the garden yearns for water. Regular watering is necessary to protect the plants from drying out. However, there are a few rules that must be followed – the right time, for example.
Watering plants in the garden: which season is the best?
In warm weather, the plants should be watered for the first time early in the morning. At this point, the air is still quite cool, so less water evaporates. The ideal time to water is usually from “from three to fiveIf you are serious about your plants, you should set your alarm clock early. If the garden is irrigated automatically anyway, a timer is suitable. By the way, the morning hours are also perfect for watering the lawn.
View Gardena Garden Sprinklers now on Amazon
On particularly hot days, the plants sometimes need water a second time, usually in evening hours. Because it is standing rainwater perfect that is not too cold. However, there is no specific time limit for a second watering as it depends on the plants: Depending on the optical “condition” of the plants it should be thrown quickly.
in noon hours however you should Better to avoid watering the plants to be – despite the heat. Because this ensures that the water evaporates faster. In addition, some plants are at risk “burning glass effect” greater risk of drying out and even burning. Incidentally, rainwater is generally much better suited for irrigation than tap water. compared to ma rainwater lower pH value, contains less lime and is not as cold as tap water.
How many liters of water do plants need
The only question that needs to be answered is how much water the plants or lawn actually need. With this you will get approximate numbers, which you can use as a guide.
- Light soils: ten to 15 liters per square meter
- Solid floors: 15 to 20 liters per square meter
- Summer flowers / perennials: ten liters per square meter
It is also important to always pay attention to which plants are actually involved. Depending on the type of plant, watering requires different care and different amounts of water. For example, houseplants need a lot of water, because they cannot take deep roots. In addition, they are very susceptible to extreme heat and leave burn marks or yellow leaves. Therefore, in summer, they should be watered frequently twice a day – preferably in the morning and in the evening. But beware: Too much water it is also not helpful.
Be careful when caring for your lawn: this is how much water is needed
Also fresh and green Lawn requires intensive and proper care in summer. Of course, this includes proper watering. In general, it is advisable to water less frequently, but longer. A commercial lawn sprinkler should about 1.5 hours a day run. But why exactly? To keep your lawn green and fresh, the roots need sufficient moisture.
Amazon’s bestseller: RollUp garden hose box
You will only get it when water not only penetrates the topsoil, but it sinks deeper into the ground – only then can the lawn take care of itself. For this reason, bedding plants should also be watered less frequently, but longer. At normal temperatures, the lawn should be watered every three to four days.
Is your garden your oasis and are you looking for further inspiration? Here you will find more articles on garden and garden design:
* Note: In the editorial office, we are always looking for useful products for our readers. The links mentioned in this article and marked with a pictogram or a shopping cart symbol, a ticket symbol or an asterisk are so-called affiliate links / advertising links. If you click on or make a purchase using one of these links, we will receive a commission from the seller or service provider. It doesn’t change the price for you. Our editorial reports are essentially independent of the existence or amount of the commission.
Thumbnail: © RyanMcGuire / pixabay.com (icon image)