For over a week, Die Ęrzte has been playing a series of concerts in the federal capital – after nine years of absence from the Berlin stage. Starting on May 7, at a very small location, “Schokoladen” (130 fans), their “Berlin Tour MMXXII” will also take Die Ęrzte to SO36 (850 fans) and Columbiahalle (3,500 fans). In stark contrast to the stadium tour starting in June, where the team will play again in front of tens of thousands. In addition to the particularly intimate atmosphere, the team hopes that the campaign will also support small concert venues, hit hard by the crown pandemic, and employees of the cultural and art scene.
Other concerts in Berlin at a glance
Next Saturday, May 21, 2022, the pop punk band will come to Metropol Berlin Schöneberg to play in front of over 1,000 fans. Then there are performances at the Zitadelle Spandau and the Festsaal Kreuzberg. The band will also play this summer at Tempelhofer Feld. However, almost all concerts in Berlin are already sold out, only one concert at Tempelhof airport still has tickets.
Here is an overview of all performances of Die Ęrzte 2022 in Berlin:
- 20.05. metropolitan
- 05/21 Columbia Hall
- 06.06. Zitadelle Spandau, (Special Guest: Big Whispers)
- 07.06. Parkbühne Wuhlheide (Special Guest: Ruts DC)
- 21.06. Festsaal Kreuzberg
- 08/26 Tempelhof Airport (Special Guests: Donots and Shirley Holmes; tickets still available here)
- 08/27 Tempelhof airport
- 08/28 Tempelhof Airport (Special Guests: Royal Republic and The Dead End Kids)
The podcast “Die Eine Liebe” accompanies Die Ęrzte on their tour of Berlin
Die Ęrzte will also be accompanied by radio presenter and fan Marco Seiffert during the Berlin tour. Over fifteen days, he attends nine concerts of his favorite band and produces a podcast episode with his impressions and experiences from each of the concerts. In addition, listeners will hear interviews and a lot of background information about the legendary band in the context of concerts. Under the name “This One Love – 40 Years of Doctors” you can find a podcast on ARD Audiothek and all other popular podcast portals.
BUFFALO BILL IN ROM tour in summer
This summer Die Ęrzte will play its grand tour of Germany, Austria and Switzerland, for which tickets are still available. Here is an overview of all the BUFFALO BILL IN ROM shows:
- 06/03/2022 – Hanover, Expo Plaza (sold out) (with antelope pavement, steam locomotive)
- 06/04/2022 – Cologne, Rhein-Energie-Stadion (sold out) (with Adam Angst)
- 06/09/2022 – Dresden, Rudolf-Harbig-Stadion (sold out) (w / Distress, Ruts DC)
- 06/14/2022 – Rostock, IGA Park
- 16/06/2022 – Munich, Olympic Stadium (with an antelope gang)
- 6/18/2022 – CH-Thun, Stockhorn Arena (with Beatsteaks)
- June 24, 2022 – Heilbronn, Frankenstadion
- 06/26/2022 – Bayreuth, Volksfestplatz (with the Damned)
- 02/06/2022 – Kassel, Auestadion (with Donotami, Kafvka)
- 18/08/2022 – Erfurt, Domplatz (sold out) (with Donots)
- 19/08/2022 – Erfurt, Domplatz (sold out) (w / The Dead End Kids)
- 20/08/2022 – Bremen, Bürgerweide (with Gluecifer)
- August 24, 2022 – Hamburg, Bahrenfeld trot track
- August 26, 2022 – Berlin, Tempelhof Airport (with Donots, Shirley Holmes)
- 03/09/2022 – Minden, pasture of Chancellor Weserufer
- 09/08/2022 – A-Graz, Messe Graz Open Air
- September 10, 2022 – Konstanz, Lake Constance Stadium
- 11/09/2022 – Mannheim, Maimarktgelände (with oppression, Lüt)
- 17/09/2022 – Nohfelden-Bosen, Festwiese am Bostalsee (sold out)
The band’s current album is called DUNKEL and was released on September 24, 2021. HELL’s previous album was released almost a year earlier. The punk rock band, founded in 1982, consisted of Farin Urlaub (real name Jan Vetter), Bela B (real name Dirk Felsenheimer) and Rodrigo González since 1993 and is often counted among the most influential bands in the history of German music.
If you want to know more about Die Ęrzte, we recommend the current book by Musikexpress editor Stephan Rehm-Rozanes. It consists of 100 pages and is entitled “Die Ęrzte”.